Dollop factor rating: 5/5
Homemade: Yes! thank you for asking
Its Sunday, its hot and I found gorgeous avocados at the market yesterday. I normally try to steal them from the golf course (…in my golf bag, up my jumper, as earings!) I used to get them from a beautiful tree, in the beautiful garden of a beautiful house belonging to a beautiful Italian painter and his beautiful Belgian wife, they fed them to ´Baby´, an Alsatian with REALLY beautiful fur. They once gave me a painting (which I adore) but alas they sold the beautiful house, so zilch avocados for me and baby.
I bought tortilla chips, normally I would make my own
(Im lying, I always buy them)
Simple. 5 minutes to make. 5 ingredients. Makes enough for two to share. 1 medium avocado is about 250 calories and full of good stuff, but beware it is also full of fat, and even though this is good fat…it is still fat. There is a way you should make this. So this is as close as I can get it.
YOU WILL NEED:
- 1 Avocado
- a dessertspoon of finely chopped onion (I prefer sweet young red onions)
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- a handful of cilantro (coriander)
- pinch of salt …I used my favourite smoked salt
1. Grind in a pestle and mortar the cilantro, finely chopped onion and salt until you have a runny mush, the smell will be divine.
2. In a separate bowl crush and mush (but don´t rush) the peeled avocado, then add the coriander and onion from the pestle and mortar and fold in.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes and fold in.
OPTIONAL: You can top off with a squeeze of lime or lemon juice if you prefer but I think that it takes away from the fresh gorgeous greeness of the avocado.
A WORD OF WARNING TO THOSE WHO THINK CORIANDER IS THE DEVIL.
…you can NEVER eat guacamole, so get over it.
My Holy Guacamole by the sea. Have a good Sunday. Cheers. Salud. Chin-Chin. x